Request for Proposals: Supportive Recovery Housing: Rural and Northern Manitoba
Shared Health invites proposals to develop up to 30 new supportive recovery housing (SRH) units in rural and/or Northern Manitoba for individuals who have completed primary substance use and addiction treatment, but require housing for six to 24 months in order to transition back to community living.
Funding is up to $25,000 per unit capital grant plus operating funds.
- Self-contained apartment or bedroom within a group living housing space, with shared living and kitchen space
- Supports including basic supportive counselling and case management, service navigation and referrals, daily living skills, skill acquisition to assist with gaining employment, further education and/or community service
- Rent charged in alignment with Employment and Income Assistance rates
RFP closing date is December 21, 2020. Download the RFP from MERX
Rapid Housing Initiative: Projects Stream
The initiative provides capital contributions to expedite the delivery of affordable housing. The RHI will:
- Support the creation of up to 3,000 new permanent affordable housing units across Canada
- Cover the construction of modular housing, as well as the acquisition of land, and the conversion/rehabilitation of existing buildings to affordable housing
- Aim to commit all funds before March 31, 2021, and ensure housing is available within 12 months of agreements
Apply by December 31, 2020.
Applications will be reviewed by January 31, 2021. CMHC will aim to distribute all funds before March 31, 2021 where possible.