S.A.M. Management: Chief Executive Officer (full-time, permanent)
S.A.M. Management Inc. is a non-profit property management corporation that provides socially responsible property management in partnership with organizations offering affordable housing options in the community.
Reporting to the S.A.M. Management Inc. Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will support the Board in developing and implementing the strategic vision and direction for the organization. As a visionary leader who thrives at the 30,000 foot level, you are an accomplished change agent who maximizes performance through organizational growth. Known for your problem solving abilities, you also bring a strength of knowledge in buildings, systems, and finance to the role. Exceptional communication skills and a transparent leadership style enable you to keep Board members and staff appropriately informed.
The Chief Executive Officer provides direction and operational leadership to 4 direct reports, (Executive Assistant, Controller, Tenant Relations Manager, and Building Operations Manager), and indirect oversight of 75 employees.
If you believe you can make a strong contribution as the CEO, submit your resume in confidence to Lisa Cefali – Partner, Executive Search & Strategic development at [email protected] quoting #203187.
If you would like more information about this role, please visit http://bit.ly/SAM-CEO or contact Lisa at 204-934-8833.
Westman Lions Manor: Executive Director (full-time)
his full-time position offers an excellent compensation package and some scheduling flexibility working an average of 37.5 hours/week, Monday to Friday. The Executive Director is responsible for the successful leadership and management of Westman Lions Manor according to the strategic direction as set by the Board of Directors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- End to End full cycle accounting responsibilities including month end, reporting, year-end prep
- Prepare annual budget and submit to Board for approval
- Prepare annual Charitable Organization returns
- Prepare information for year-end financial statements to give to the Accountant
- Present year-end financial statements to the Board of Directors and tenants
- Submit financial information to Manitoba Housing annually re Rental start Project or as required
- Maintain control of budget to ensure rents cover expenses. Calculate new rents when necessary & advise tenants of change in preparation for Board Meeting, note any budget discrepancies on monthly Income Statement
- Advise Board of completed/in progress items, comments re financial statement, and new issues at monthly Board meetings
- Complete bi-weekly payroll for employees
- Staff management including hiring, performance reviews, training / development, and succession planning
- Negotiate contracts with vendors based on price, quality and timeliness of work involved
- Liaise with solicitor and accountants re issues of importance to tenants and Manor business
- Identify operational efficiencies within the buildings and make any necessary changes to ensure that they are achieved
- Provide coverage for the Executive Assistant and the Maintenance staff in their absence
- Deal with resident complaints and requests in a timely manner