Funding through the National Indigenous Collaborative Housing Inc. (NICHI) exists to uphold and advance housing as a human right for all Indigenous Peoples living in urban, rural and northern communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
This fund has two main streams of financial support:
- Capacity & Organizational Development: Up to $1 million targeted to project development, on the ground assistance, operational shortfalls and other project development requirements such as modernization and improvement needed to ensure project success/continuity.
- Capital Development: Project Funding requirements in excess of $1 million up to $10 million needed to bridge or leverage funding for large scale projects, undertake major renovations, new builds or other similar major capital requirements.
This fund is available to organizations working in the community housing sector across Canada:
- Indigenous-led organizations in urban, rural and northern areas of Canada. We define Indigenous-led organizations as:
- Board and Executive leadership is over 50% Indigenous.
- Organization serves one or all of the three distinct Indigenous populations in your community or region, i.e. First Nation, Inuit or Métis.
- Expressed ability by the Organization to address urgent and unmet need.
Who provide at least one of the following:
- Supportive Services
- Transitional/ Supportive Housing
- Non-market Housing
- Affordable Housing
Apply by January 12, 2024
Learn more and apply here