Employment and Volunteer Opportunities
As a service to our members and other housing-related organizations, MNPHA accepts postings for employment and volunteer opportunities in the housing sector. This includes employment postings, and openings on Boards of Directors.
Please submit postings to [email protected]. MNPHA reserves the right to screen job submissions for compatibility with the values of our organization.
MNPHA: Rent Relief Program Manager
As part of a small team and in collaboration with partners in the housing and homelessness sectors, the Program Manager is responsible for the ongoing design, implementation, and oversight of the Rent Relief Fund, established to support people who are at risk of losing housing or in need of financial support to attain housing.
HOURS: 40 hours weekly; Mostly weekdays with occasional evening or weekend; significant flexibility around remote work and scheduling with a minimum one day per week in the MNPHA office
DETAILS: The position is a 18-month contract position, funded through a project grant with the possibility of extension should funding be available. Salary is dependent on experience ranging from $50,000 – $60,000 with benefits after 6 months.
Resumes will be reviewed as received and interviews held with candidates as selected. The position will be open until filled, with the ideal starting date of September 20, 2021.
View the full job posting here
End Homelessness Winnipeg – Senior Director of Finance and Operations
Under the general direction of the CEO, the Senior Director of Finance and Operations oversees End Homelessness Winnipeg’s financial management and operations including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide strategic, financial, and operating advice and support to the CEO, senior management team, and others
- Participate on the senior management team and contribute to strategic planning,organizational visioning, and continuous improvement
- Work collaboratively with staff, volunteers, partners, and funders
- Manage an in-house accounting system including accounts payable, banking, regulatory filings, software, financial policies, supporting documentation, and documented procedures that ensure appropriate internal controls
- Manage the organization’s payroll and benefits administration
- Perform timely and accurate full-cycle accounting including month-end and quarterly reports that include variance analyses and forecasts and accurate cost allocations between various projects and pillars of the organization
- Prepare annual and project budgets in consultation with the CEO and other staff for both the organization as a whole and various sub-projects
- Maintain and update Personnel and Other Operating Policies as required and support the CEO in ensuring adherence with the policies
- Oversee property/facility management including the furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
- Evaluate the need for new technology and upgrades; be the main point of contact for all IT related issues
- Develop and monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that program and organizational risks are minimized
- Participate in hiring staff and interviewing candidates consistent with the collective agreement
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors and other committees and working groups as required to present reports and provide information
Apply by September 3, 2021. For more information on this position, view the full job description here
Jubilee Fund – Program and Event Coordinator (1 year term, 2022)
The Program and Event Coordinator provides support primarily to the Fund Development Manager to achieve the organization’s mission, vision and values. Reporting to the Fund Development Manager, the Program and Event Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the rent guarantee program for at-risk women, including the building, administration and reporting of the new program. In addition, the position is responsible for the coordination of Jubilee Fund events in partnership with the Fund Development Manager.
For more information on the position please click Program and Event Coordinator Job Description
CHF Canada – Regional Manager, Prairies
The Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada is recruiting to fill a full time, permanent position of Regional Manager, Prairies. The position will be based in Winnipeg (other locations or remote work will be considered), with a target starting date of October 1, 2021.
Reporting to the Director, Member Services, the Regional Manager will deliver a program of direct support and education services to members in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and, working with member federations in Alberta, to strengthen governance, management capacity and operations of the co‑operative housing sector generally. The Regional Manager will liaise with relevant provincial housing officials on issues related to the implementation of provincial housing programs and legislation, and support and liaise with CHF Canada’s government relations team to advance regional member issues. The Regional Manager will work in collaboration with other CHF Canada staff to deliver CHF Canada’s services to member housing co-operatives in the region.
For more information on this position, please click here